General Flow of the Day:
Each morning the kids will arrive to a game to join and a nature table of treasures set up for those who prefer a quieter, slower activity to start their day. Once we have all landed, we will take a short walk to our base camp where we will circle with song, snack and a story that introduces a general theme or focus for the day. After the story, we will spend the day exploring, adventuring, and playing in the forest. Days are full of games, challenges, unstructured time to just be, naturalist skills, and fun! We close the day again in a circle, sharing our voices in a recall of our day, and giving thanks!
What Your Child Should Wear:
- Comfortable clothes that can get very dirty and are appropriate for the weather. If it is cold or raining, please avoid cotton clothing. Cotton is great for sunny days. Fleece, wool or synthetic fibers stay warm when wet.
- Sturdy shoes that can get wet and very dirty
- Rain-gear or poncho if significant rain is in the forecast
What to Pack in your Child’s Backpack:
- Packed lunch
- Mid-morning snack
- Full water bottle (1 liter minimum)
- Mosquito repellent if wanted
- Sun protection or Sunblock – apply before camp
- Extra Layers or rain-gear for cold, damp weather.
- A bathing suit!
What NOT to Pack:
- Toys from home
- Extra weight. We will be hiking each day, and heavy backpacks become a challenge for all.